Wednesday 21 December 2011

Out and About a Bit

There is now a new footpath that goes from my the back of my property around the block to the front of my property. Although the roadworks have yet to be completed I can at least go for a walk around the block, something which I do am few times a day on a good day. I have also managed to get out a couple of times to have a quick lunch and hope to do that today as well. Nothing too testing, a simple cafe or bakery or subway. I did manage a dinner the other night as well - had a simple Tandoori chicken salad at a local Indian restaurant which I drove to. These are of course the highs, there are still a number of lows.I never know quite how much energy I will have for the day so as each day draws to an end I am not sure how I will feel and what will start to ache or hurt or how hard it will be just to move around.
My son continues to enjoy India, and all going to plan would have been to the Taj Mahal yesterday. There seems to be little time for rest and sleep on their trip - they had a 12 hour train journey cancelled and had to take a 23 hour bus ride to get to their next place. Once there they were straight back into their program of school/ slum/ hospital visits. Amazing trip they are having, and I look forward to hearing about it all when he returns home.

2 Comments:

At 23 December 2011 at 08:05 , Blogger Margot Gerritsen said...

Happy Holidays, Andrew. Thinking of you and your wee walks and breaks. Good thoughts. We hope to see you in the new year. Planning a trip back to NZ for sometime late your summer.
Love to Patti,
Margot

 
At 30 December 2011 at 00:25 , Blogger chillibin said...

Glad to hear that you are up and about Andrew and things seem to be relatively stable. I think of you and your family often and wish you all the best for continued improvement in the new year. Cheers Susanne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home