Thursday 4 August 2011

On the mend - the beginning

It has been only 4 days since I started my treatment but I can feel things are changing in many small ways. Some of this is no doubt mental but I think there are too many little things for it to be just a change in mindset, although that no doubt helps. I am of course still quite weak and still spend a lot of time just lying around. However, those that have been visiting me often can see a change in me for themselves.
I am continually uplifted by the various comments/emails etc I get. I was particularly brightened by a long email from a couple of undergraduate students who had taken the time to write to let me know how the semester and various courses were working out for them and their class. I am also greatly looking forward to seeing photos from the bake-off that is happening next week. It is very humbling being the focus for something like that and I thank all of those involved.

On the family side it is a very busy time for my son Zeke as he works as a stage hand at the school production for the next couple of nights. He is also going to a couple of balls in the next little while which seem to have a whole suite of activities associated with each one (photos, pre-balls, after-balls etc). Xanthe is enjoying her final half year of primary school but she misses having her mum working at the school. Patti had been working in the office at Xanthe's school but has not gone back to work since the school holiday's finished. It is very nice having Patti at home as I recover, and she is doing a great job of cooking me wonderful meals during the day.

3 Comments:

At 5 August 2011 at 10:55 , Anonymous Mary Booker said...

We are so pleased to hear you have started the treatment and are feeling the benefits already. Richard and I intend to come up and visit in the not too distant future. In the meantime, love to you and all the family.

Mary (on behalf of the Bookers)

 
At 5 August 2011 at 18:30 , Anonymous Penny said...

Good to hear of improvements coming so quickly Andrew. Malcolm says that there has been a huge change over the last few days. What a relief!

 
At 6 August 2011 at 18:15 , Anonymous Jager family said...

Go Andrew! Great to hear you sounding so positive. We are sitting in Te Horonuku as we speak - wind and mist swirling around outside. A few punters are opting to listen to the Bledisloe Cup game on the radio rather than struggle down to Lorenzs. We really appreciate your keeping us in the picture.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home