Thursday 28 July 2011

The sun shines brightly today

I had a  good meeting with my oncologist yesterday. He's worked out a treatment strategy and I'm going to start this in the next few days. I'm very hopeful and confident that the various medicines will be effective.

I was also extremely touched by the following student-led effort on my  behalf. A group of Engineering Science students are planning an inter-department Engineering themedbake-off competition to fundraise for the Pullan Trust. The bake-off will be open to all students from the Engineering Faculty.  There will be prizes for each department, as well as overall prizes. I know from past experience how good some of these students can bake and how inventive they can be in their designs. I can't wait to see the photos.
My thanks again go out to all of you supporting me and my family in this time of need.


5 Comments:

At 28 July 2011 at 11:58 , Anonymous Jill Segedin said...

Hi Andrew

So pleased to hear that they have worked out a treatment plan! Bring it on eh! I have been thinking about you lots and hoping that you are staying positive.

Jill S

 
At 28 July 2011 at 15:28 , Blogger Rita said...

great news.. yay
you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Keep smiling :)

 
At 29 July 2011 at 03:20 , Anonymous Margot Gerritsen said...

Wonderful news!

 
At 29 July 2011 at 09:33 , Blogger marco said...

Great to hear there is a plan and a way forward. Keep up your positive spirit. As an old Jewish proverb says: "A cheerful heart is good medicine". You seem to have already added this to the cocktail.

God Bless

 
At 30 July 2011 at 12:23 , Anonymous Catherine Pullan said...

The sun really is shining down on you, Patti, Zeke & Xanthe. Everything is going to be good. I can't wait until we take our trip to the Coromandel. I'm looking forward to your come-back lecture and I know you are going to be able to open your office door and walk back on in with something even more special than before. We are going to be smiling and dancing soon when the meds start to do their work! Patti can work on her cart-wheels and I am going to master forward flips lol, in preparation for the good days and times that are coming. I look forward to the day when you stand on your deck pointing at your watch scowling because I am late again for another family BBQ! I think I won't mind at all. AROHA TINO NUI, Catherine xxxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home