Friday 15 July 2011

A small dose of good news

The results of the head MRI are in and they are clear (I have to add that I am sure some of you were cheekily thinking 'we knew he had no brain'). The clear MRI is a tick in the right box for me. Also, the new pain meds are doing their job. One of the pain relief 'booster' pills I took yesterday for the first time made me feel very strange. I couldn't quite describe the feeling and one of my visitors suggested it was like drinking too much. I don't have any experience of that but I did ask why anyone would do this to themselves. My visitor said that when they get to the drunk-too-much stage that they always promise themselves they won't do it again. I had to laugh.
I seem to be getting stronger but am taking it very easy. On Monday I go for blood tests to see how things are going inside. Meanwhile my international team of helpers is continuing to work hard on my behalf.
I have enjoyed reading the comments on the blog - thank you for your comments, good wishes and prayers.

5 Comments:

At 15 July 2011 at 21:34 , Anonymous Liren Li said...

Hi Andrew, really sorry to hear the news but you have to stay strong and optimistic! We (your students at Oxford/London) are all behind you on this. Good luck and be a fighter!

 
At 16 July 2011 at 00:42 , Anonymous Simon Gibbons said...

Indeed good news about the MRI Andrew. Good use of blogging. I'm glad that we can keep track of your progress this way and its good to see that others with melanoma can follow you and get support from a fellow traveller. Continued good fortune to you. Cheers Simon.

 
At 16 July 2011 at 15:37 , Blogger Jim Greenslade said...

Good news indeed about the clear head, Andrew. You're always clear-headed! And obviously the sense of humour will help you out along the way, too. Cheers, Jim and Jane.

 
At 16 July 2011 at 17:18 , Blogger Margot Gerritsen said...

Good news about the head, blondie. Always nice to get confirmed you actually have stuff up there. And, I knew there was a way to get you to experience "drunk" at some point :-). Keep at it, and thanks for blogging. It's great to get these updates. Margot

 
At 14 August 2011 at 12:59 , Blogger Kate said...

Hi Andrew, sorry to hear about your battle. Hayley and Carmen gave me the news. thinking of you and you are in my prayers. I know to some degree how meds can affect your brain. Hang in there and blessings x Kate Palmer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home