Tuesday 19 July 2011

Another outing for me

This morning I managed to take Xanthe out to the movies with Patti, which is a good indication that all the meds I am taking are doing their job. I have enjoyed the many cards, flowers and visitors that I have had/ received. Zeke has gone off with some friends for a couple of days skiing and he tells me the weather is perfect at Turoa and there appears to be plenty of snow, so I am sure he will have a blast.
I must say that I have never been good with names so only associate the meds by what they do and the shape of the pill or bottle. I can easily imagine people getting very mixed up about which medication to take when. For me, it is somewhat ambiguous to have a pill to take 3 times a day - I learnt yesterday that that particular pill was to be taken before meals and not every 8 hours. Boy the (little) things they don't tell you.

5 Comments:

At 19 July 2011 at 15:05 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you're maintaining some level of normality in spite of the cocktail of medication.

The Department definitely feels strange without you. We had the preliminary Part IV talks today, and the students definitely got an easier ride without your usual penetrating questions.

Richard.

 
At 20 July 2011 at 12:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew,

You are the most wonderful person I have worked with ever! and knowing you, I know you will fight this and get better.

And remember - you still owe me lunch, you can't get out of it so easily.

It is good to see you have not lost your sense of humuor. We all are thinking of you and love you.

Regards
Aruna

 
At 21 July 2011 at 08:39 , Blogger Sophiep said...

Hiya Andrew,

Am so pleased that the cocktail of meds is doing what they are supposed to and making you feel more like your old self ( sorry...your young self!!). Hope you enjoyed the movies, bet you are green with envy at not going skiing with Zeke.

Take it easy
SophX

 
At 21 July 2011 at 09:35 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew,

Jo and I have just returned from a holiday in Northern Territory and Broome, where we explored some amazing places. There are some unbelievably beautiful sights to see there.
I hope that your pain relief continues to give the freedom to get about with the family.
You and Patti, Zeke and Xanthe are in my thoughts and prayers often.
Thanks for keeping us informed via the blog.
Ian Bissett

 
At 22 July 2011 at 09:38 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Christy Hinkle

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home