Friday 10 February 2012

Scan Results Are In

The oncologist rang me yesterday afternoon to discuss the report on my scan results. If I recall correctly I had had a scan taken about 4 months ago which showed the disease had progressed significantly from a scan I had taken in July (6 weeks before I had started taking any medication). The latest scan results, when compared to the scan taken 4 months ago show that a number of things have improved. There are no new tumors anywhere I believe, and the tumours in my liver have remained unchanged. My spleen is almost back down to it's normal size and, if I recall correctly, the adrenal tumours have all but gone. There in no evidence of bone metastases (which means all the aches and pains I have been having in my back and shoulders are just a result of me staying horizontal for so long). To quote the oncologist, this is very good news. I had been finding it increasingly difficult not to think the worst in the last few weeks, what with the lack of energy and pain. The scan results have changed that and I have given me a well needed boost. I know there are lots of big hurdles yet to overcome (liver tumours need to start to shrink, the blood work needs to start improving) but at least some things are moving in the right direction, albeit rather slowly.

6 Comments:

At 10 February 2012 at 14:52 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This really is heartening news, Andrew. You have shown great patience and courage. All the best for continued progress and love to you and the family.

Mary (on behalf of the Bookers)

 
At 10 February 2012 at 19:27 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear such good news!! All of our love from Baltimore. Natalia and Eric

 
At 10 February 2012 at 20:41 , Blogger Anita said...

Pleased to hear the scan results were positive. All the best for continued improvement. Thinking of you, Anita.

 
At 11 February 2012 at 01:51 , Blogger Rita said...

very very very happy for you :)... keep it up :D:D:D

 
At 13 February 2012 at 09:16 , Blogger marco said...

Very glad to hear! Wonderful how this lifts your spirits.

 
At 13 February 2012 at 11:40 , Blogger Dean said...

Very good news Andrew! Pleased to hear your spirits are lifted following so much negative news. Love to all the family. Dean,Fi,Josh & Phoebe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home